There are thousands of 100 Yen Shops across Japan, ranging in size from multi-storey "department stores" to small corners in shopping malls. Market leader Daiso operates over two thousand stores nationwide and pursues an aggressive expansion policy.
Tuesday, 13 March 2007
This is a nice shop, it is a relatively big and with a nice variety of products. They also have a different suppliers. To arrive there, go up to the JR Kobe train station. Go out from the station, take the right way and go down the escalators towards the basement, go straight to the end of the corridor of the left side. Take the escalator towards the MCDonalds, then take the other escalator. After you go out from the escalator, turn the left and go out to the street, then turn the right, walk till the traffic signal. Cross the street and enter in the Shopping Center, towards "Harborland", where it has the department of shops "Hanshin". Then, cross the shopping center and before raising the escalators, at the end to go to the Harborland, there is an escalator on the right side. Take the stairs and go down for the basement, turn the left. The shop is on the left side in front of the supermarket.
Train line JR: western exit, towards the south, of the station of SANNOMIYA.
Train line Hankyu: eastern exit, towards the south, of the station SANNOMIYA.
Train line Hanshin: catraca south, towards the south, of the station SANNOMIYA.
Subway-line NISHI JIN - YAMANOTE: sense HIGASHI GUCHI, towards the south, of the station SANNOMIYA.
Subway-line KAIGAN Station SANNOMIYA HANADOKEI MOTHER: when number went out 4, towards the south.
In Sannomiya there are located 5 Hyaku-en shops, the Daiso, Il Piatto, the Natural Plenty, the bana-bana and Shop 99. In each one of them we find a big variety of products.
1. Daiso - This shop is the biggest of them and we find many diversified products for the entire house. Go to the train station of Sannomiya for the line JR or Hankyu, or follow the directions above. The Hankyu train station inside the JR train station. At the Sannomiya JR station, go out from the station for the North exit, towards the department of shops " Oi Oi " or Commercial Center of Sannomiya, which is crossing the street. Go straight to the pedestrians' street (Commercial Center), turn on the right in the pedestrians' street and go straight to the end of the second block, then turn the left and enter on the right in the building " Sportsworld 33 ", the building has 6 floors of shops of clothes and sporting accessories. The 100 yen shop locates in 7 floor.
2. Natural Plenty - This is a very cute store, small shop, with products of good quality and very nice taste. This shop is in the basement near to train station and to the subway. At the JR Sannomiya train station, go down the escalators for the basement, then you have to enter in the "street" between the Radio-station and the shop of clothes for babies and kids on the right. Then you have to go straight till to the end of this corridor. In the end, turn the left, towards " Starbucks ", to enter in this building, go straight to the right side in direction to the last shop. The Native Plenty is on the corner, it is the last store.
3. bana bana - Are you looking for baskets, wood products?
It has just found!! This is a shop of 100 yen specialized in wooden products. They are all hand-made, several baskets, in several sizes. The shop also sells accessories to kitchen, stylized plates, several types of pots, metal adornments, cups...
4. Il Piato - it is a small shop and very cute. The products vary between accessories for the garden, bathroom, decoration, utensils for kitchen...
The access for "Il Piato" is simple: first follow the above steps to reach shop "bana-bana". So, once you be in front of " bana bana ", go straight untill the next block, cross the "street" and enter in the building on the left, which it has the shop of the Disney. Il Piato stays in 5F, in front of shop of the Disney.
5. Shop 99 -
This is a 100 yen shop basically of foods and drinks, though one finds also utensils for kitchen, bathroom and office, but in little variety.
1. "Daiso 1" - go up to the JR-Rokkomichi train station. When cou go out from the station, turn the right, go straight, then you will see some shops and you have to pass the escalator on right side, continue go straight and raise a small staircase (five or six steps). Continue go straight and cross the pedestrian's bridge to reach the another building, then turn the right and enter to the left side in the door glasses shopping, beside the travel agency. The 100 yen shop is behind the escalator, on the same floor.
2. "Daiso 2" - to get this 100 yen shop, you have to follow the steps above till the door-glasses shopping, but not enter in the shopping, continue go straight and cross the another bridge, to reach the another building, in the other side of the street. As soon as you enter in this building, you can see the Daiso. If you wanto to go from the street, just enter inside the supermarkt, go up to the escalator, you will be in front of the 100 yen shop.
At the station JR Konan Yamate locates one of the biggest Daiso shop. Go out from the station, turn right, enter in the walk-passage under the station and cross to the another side, then turn left and turn right on the next street, walk a little bit and enter in the SELVA building on the left side of the street. The Daiso 100 yen shop is in the 4f and definetly they have a lot of products to offer to you!!
Here you can also find a "Daiso" shop. Just go out from the "Okamoto" station, in the Hankyu line, turn right and enter in the Coop supermarkt, go up the stairs till 3F. The whole floor belongs to Daiso and here you will find products for your entire house.